top of page



A 3-day trip permit allows you to operate an unlicensed vehicle on public highways. Each permit is valid for 3 consecutive days. Any amount of permits may be purchased but only 3 may be used in a 30-day period.
The cost is $33.00


A permit that authorizes an unlicensed vehicle to be operated to get documentation that is required to complete title transfer or registration. Transit permits are only valid on the 2 dates listed on the permit and for the purpose indicated on the permit as well.

Valid purposes include:

  • Washington State Patrol

  • Certified weighing scale

  • California emissions compliance verification

The cost is $8.00

*Unlicensed vehicles are vehicles that have expired tabs, or the current gross weight isn't enough for the load being carried (except off-road vehicles or nonhighway use vehicles).

bottom of page